Monday, January 11, 2010

Review of St. Nachos by Z.A. Maxfield


Cooper is on the run from his past when his bike takes him to Santo Ignacio. The beachside town and Nachos bar becomes his haven for healing, rediscovering himself and what it is to feel again. Until a phone call from his past brings his regrets to the forefront.

This is the first book I have read by this author and I must say that the characters are very well written and the plot of the book stands above most. St. Nachos is written in the first person from the point of view of a passive gay man. I normally enjoy first person narratives, but my curiosity regarding the secondary characters made me long for insight into their lives that might have been present in a third person narrative. That being said, the personal, emotional journey that Cooper takes is a very heavy read.

No comments:

Post a Comment